Friday, November 24, 2006

Study 29 “Who Is Wise?” Prologue

Over the years, I have developed several sermon series I try to preach periodically. Each time I do so, I attempt to update the series as my own understanding develops and grows. One of those series is entitled, "Who Is the Wise Man?" The sermons are based upon five psalms: 1, 15, 24, 32, and 112. I intend to do a lengthy study under the above title, slightly altered. I will lay a foundation consisting of studies of a variety of texts prior to interpreting these particular psalms.

Understanding the biblical concept of wisdom is critical if we are to attain insight. Obviously, biblical wisdom is found in Scripture and Scripture alone. Therefore, if we are both to know about and know God (knowing about Him and knowing Him are two entirely different things), and understand his plan, we must look to His Word. The course of this study of wisdom will be, then, a search of Scripture. Using the Psalms I have listed above as our base of operations, we will venture out into every part of the Word in order to find the answer to the question, "Who Is Wise?"

No comments: